Smoked Turkey, Asparagus and Parmesan Tart
Preparation time: 15 minutes
Cooking time: 25 minutes
8 slices Fettayleh Smoked Turkey
2 sheets short crust pastry thawed
1 bunch of asparagus
50gms grated Parmesan cheese
1/3 cup cream
1/3 tsp salt
1/4 tsp ground black pepper
- Preheat oven to 1800C (fan forced). Line short crust pastry in a 11cmx34cm fluted tart tin, and trim excess pastry. Cover base of pastry with baking paper and add baking weights or dried beans. Blind bake in preheated oven for 10 minutes.
- While blind baking, trim bases of asparagus and leave aside.
- Tear smoked turkey slices into smaller pieces with hands.
- In a bowl combine eggs, cream, Parmesan cheese, salt and pepper and mix until well combined. Leave aside.
- After 10 minutes of blind baking, remove tin from oven. Carefully remove baking beads or beans and baking paper.
- Arrange asparagus and smoked turkey pieces on base of the pastry. Once arranged, gently pour egg mixture on top. Return tart tin to oven and bake for a further 25 minutes until egg mixture is set and slightly golden on top.
- Allow to cool for 10 minutes and carefully remove from tart tin. Serve warm.
Serve warm with a side of baby rocket salad with a light vinaigrette dressing.