Potato Rosti with Chorizo and Poached Egg
- 2 / 3 large potatoes, peeled / washed / grated
- 1 large beaten egg
- 1 tsp plain flour
- ¼ tsp baking powder
- 1 small onion
- ½ cup grated Fettayleh Chorizo
- Eggs (for poaching, 1 egg per serving)
- ½ cup of Cream (to serve)
- 1 tsp Harissa spice (to serve)
- Salt to taste
- Grate potatoes and place into a muslin cloth to squeeze and drain excess water from the potatoes.
- Grate the chorizo and finely chop the onion.
- Place grated potatoes, grated chorizo, onion, flour, baking powder, and egg in a bowl and mix until well combined.
- Make small, flat patties with the mixture and add to a fry pan on medium heat.
- Cook each side for 2 / 3 minutes or until golden brown and crispy.
- To poach the egg – in a saucepan add water (for every litre of water you need 3 tablespoons of vinegar), bring to a boil and then reduce heat to low temperature to soft simmer). Crack the egg into a ramekin, with a slotted spoon swirl the water in the saucepan. Drop the egg in the water (make sure your eggs are fresh and cold from the fridge). Poach your egg for approx 4 to 5 minutes or until cooked to your liking.
- Remove with a slotted spoon and place on a plate lined with paper towel to drain any excess liquid.
- In a separate bowl, whipped thickened cream and harissa spice until light and fluffy.
- To serve stack 2 to 3 rosti’s on your plate and place egg on top.
- Add harissa cream and salt to taste.
- Serve and enjoy!!