Moghrabieh Two Ways
- Whole Chicken
- Ground cumin
- Ground cinnamon
- Lebanese 7 spices
- Whole cloves
- Pre cooked chickpeas (available to purchase at Abu Ahmad Butchery)
- Pre cooked pearl couscous (available to purchase at Abu Ahmad Butchery)
- To create the stock, place the whole chicken, a few peppercorns, sprinkle it with salt, several whole (peeled) onions and enough water to cover the chicken.
- In the pressure cooker add 300mls water, place the steamer basket in the pressure cooker.
- Add the pearl couscous to the steamer basket.
- Add ground cinnamon, ground caraway, 7 spices and ground cumin to the couscous. Mix all together.
- Add the chickpeas to the stock.
- Take the chicken out of the stock and begin to pull apart the meat, keeping the skin.
- In a hot saucepan fry the skin until crispy.
- Combine chicken, couscous, chickpeas and ladle in stock liquid.
- In a large saucepan, brown whole onions in butter and olive oil.
- Add all of your spices and mix together.
- Add the chickpeas and couscous and fry in the pan and mix until thoroughly combined.
- Cook for approx 10 minutes and serve with fresh herbs (optional).