Chocolate and Angus Beef Rasher Waffles
1 ½ cups of plain flour, sifted
¼ cup cornflour, sifted
1 tsp baking powder, sifted
1 tsp sea salt flakes
1 ½ cups buttermilk
¼ vegetable oil
2 eggs separated
Angus Beef rashers, dice
- Place the flour, cornflour, baking powder and salt in a large bowl and mix to combine.
- Add the buttermilk, oil and eggs and fold into the flour mixture until all is combined.
- Meanwhile, place your beef rashers into a hot fry pan and cook until crispy and golden.
- Take your chocolate and begin to melt in the microwave in intervals, stirring frequently to insure it does not burn.
- Add your crispy beef rashers to your waffle mixture (setting some aside for garnish) and begin to cook your waffles in a waffle maker.
- Once waffles are fully cooked until golden, dip your waffles into the melted chocolate and play on baking paper to allow to set.
- Serve your waffles with your choice of fruit, berries, ice cream or maple syrup. Garnish with beef rashers Enjoy!
Did you make this recipe?