- Garlic and Vinegar Sausages from Abu Ahmed Butchery
- Brown Onions, quartered
- Eggplant, sliced into 1cm thick slices
- Cauliflower, chopped
- 1 tbsp honey
- 1 tbsp pomegranate molasses
- Pine nuts
- Olive Oil
- Salt to taste
- In a saucepan, add rice bran oil until ⅓ full. Shallow fry eggplant and cauliflower until golden brown. Place on paper towel to drain excess oil.
- Heat fry pan to a medium heat, separate the sausages while the pan heats up.
- Throw them in the pan, no oil necessary. Cook until golden brown all around the sausage. Turn the sausages and slightly poke to release some of the fat.
- Add onions to pan and cook with sausages until brown and caramelised cook for approx 8 mins.
- Add to the fry pan pomegranate molasses, honey and pine nuts. Mix until everything is coated.
- Serve mezze style (sides optional) with the fried eggplant and cauliflowers, labneh with olive oil and olives, Lebanese bread and herbs.