Chicken Alfredo Penne Pasta
- 1 kg chicken breast
- 2 cups full cream milk
- 1 cup of thickened cream
- 1 can
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 2 cups parmesan cheese
- vegeta stock powder
- salt to taste
- olive oil
- Pesto paste (rocket, pine nuts, olive oil, parmesan cheese, salt to taste – blended in the food processor)
- Water (to boil the pasta)
- Put water in a saucepan and bring to the boil. Add a pinch of salt. Once it is rapidly boiling add pasta for approx 5 minutes. Strain off water once cooked.
- Slice up the chicken and heat in the fry pan until fully cooked. Remove and set aside.
- Add pesto paste to a saucepan on medium heat, add milk and stir until combined. Let it come to a boil and then reduce heat and let simmer for approx 3 minutes, stirring regularly. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Add thickened cream, bring back to the boil over medium heat, then reduce heat to low and simmer until sauce is slightly thickened.
- Add chicken and pasta to the saucepan and stir until well combined. Cook for approx 3-5 more minutes.
- Add parmesan cheese and stir through until melted and sauce has thickened.
- Taste for seasoning, serve and add parsley for garnishing.